Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bisley

Yuppies Predator Hunt Now?

23 posts in this topic

I have always had a deep respect for FoxPro, and their products. I used to use hand calls a long, long time ago, then quit calling, but picked up an FX3 many years later. And I can appreciate the need for new and improved products. But seriously????? I just read today about their upcoming caller, the Aftershock. Apparently only drawings are available and not a finished product yet that was recently released. Supposedly it will have a tripod stand, four rotating speakers, and a GPS. GPS? You're kidding, right? But wait, there's more. It will also have Fox bang, FoxCast, FoxFusion, FoxData, FoxPitch, and FoxMotion. I think it may also have a fox stole, Fox Sports, Fox News, and can dance a Foxtrot. But the best is yet to come! It comes with 100 preprogrammed sounds, and my personal favorite, it can hold up to ONE THOUSAND sounds. So I guess if your first 999 sounds don't lure a coyote in, don't give up, that 1,000th sound is definitely bound to bring him in :rolleyes:

Is this really what we've come to? The calls are becoming as heavy as the rifles are. I wouldn't know who to bitch slap first, the guy who devised this, or the one who approved it? You would think they would be working to make a more efficient and louder speaker in a smaller, lighter package instead of a call you are going to have to ride on? 

I sure hope this isn't the new trend :unsure:

Here is a picture of the new caller. Here's also a picture of the new rifle they developed to go with it too lol.

2017-02-17_07-38-18

2017-02-17_08-25-21

KNOCKED UP likes this

I think you will see more icotec callers running around.

come on dude, what's wrong with that? the shockwave from these speakers will kill all coyotes within 5 miles radius, then you just use the GPS to find them, you just kick back and watch fox sports while the caller is killing the coyotes, how cool is that?

KNOCKED UP likes this

LOL I use bullet HP but a lot of the guys I hunted with in VA use Foxpro.  LOL first time I've seen this military grade aftershock. 

Can you say radical?

Tom

At least the Foxpro callers are getting less expensive with all of the added features that they are coming up with.

My first Foxpro was and FX5 and it cost me $699.00. The CS-24C for $399.00 is a great call for the money.

About the only extra features that I use are the pre-set sounds.

I'm with Bob in that I'm happy to see Foxpro is lowering their prices. Lots of new companies getting into E callers today so I'm sure that's part of it.  I'm sure FP recognized this and that's why the CS24C price was reduced.  It is now the best deal in industry right now! IMHO   

While it seems a bit much... I sure as heck yeah wouldn't turn down a demo model to try out!!! 

I like the cs24 but can't stand that remote. Big as a house and the button layout sucks. Plus it eats batteries. 

They are without a doubt a stand-up company with tremendous customer service, and no doubt the standard by which others were judged. I will say too that the only reason I got rid of my FX3 was because I had but 1 gripe with it, I wanted to at the very least see the list of calls on a screen, other than that I would have never gotten rid of it. And you are absolutely correct Bob, the prices are much more real world, but like any product, that was to be expected over time surely. But let me ask you this, do you not honestly feel that they would have benefitted better by taking all the money from R&D, new tooling & dies, not to mention all the new molds for this obscene thing and made themselves even more price competitive?  This is a niche product that will never pay for itself. 

On 2/17/2017 at 8:32 PM, ehd said:

I think you will see more icotec callers running around.

This! Yuppies are tech nerds, (most) hunters are simple by nature. Think of all the guys you know that hunt and ask yourself HONESTLY, would any of them buy/use this? None I know. Most people couldn't even tell you 10 sounds they have on their caller, which makes the 1000 just absurd. And I won't even start on the GPS, weather crap, etc. I have no idea what anyone could have been thinking. I find it interesting that instead of making something simple that can pretty much be set down and walk away, they make a machine that has to be unraveled like a jigsaw puzzle, and speakers set in all directions. Sure seems like a lot of movement and noise before making a stand. I could be wrong, but I just don't see people willing to do all that, plus haul around a huge call. We shall see..........:popcorn:

6 hours ago, Shoot-it said:

and foxhole....:signlol2iu:

Not even with a 100' pole will I touch that one :smiley-outta-here:

14 hours ago, Shoot-it said:

You know you want too.....:roflmao3[1]::roflmao3[1]:

Can you imagine scrolling threw 1,000 sounds ..holly chit !

Oh, make no mistake about it, I want to. I just know that once I start I can't stop :D. And this because ng family friendly, SJ would beat both our tails :lol:

2 hours ago, Yateswell said:

1000 sounds, may be they are making a karaoke machine

That would certainly explain the need for four rotating speakers, plus the GPS to get you to the party, and the weather details to make sure your party doesn't get rained out, plus........... 

2 hours ago, Yateswell said:

You don't want that it will just attract a bunch of japanese people and you won't be able to get any calling done..:lol:

You can't forget me, you will need all the help you can get to move that thing. 

If I do sing karaoke, we will have to hunt. There is no better "animal in distress" sound than me trying to sing :blush:

5 hours ago, Yateswell said:

Coyote karaoke! :lol:

1 hour ago, ShooterJohn said:

Coyote karaoke! :lol:

:lol: I can see it now, next year's new feature will be specifically for the karaoke party in the fox hole...........

wait for it............. FOX BALLS :roflmao3[1]::roflmao3[1]:

2017-02-23_06-13-48

:smiley-sorry: 

50 minutes ago, Yateswell said:

I'll get drunk and sing, but Bob will have to dance... 

Deal! You sing............

2017-02-23_08-55-04

And I'll dance lol...............

2017-02-23_08-43-29

:roflmao3[1]::roflmao3[1]::roflmao3[1]::roflmao3[1]:

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, Yateswell said:

As long as they bring sushi and sashimi I am good, forget the calling and don't tell Bob

Simon,

I am with you on this one.

Tom