Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bisley

Slowly, But Finally Done With My Bench

14 posts in this topic

I decided to use my old top and put it on a new bench I was going to build. Well, I finally built it. I still have a few little bugs to work out, but it should serve just fine for its intended purpose, which was to allow anyone I know that doesn't have one to be able to shoot squirrels (or paper) with me. I'm sure I will end up building a better top for it too, but for now I have only time, and $0 into this one. One of the few perks of my job :D

2017-02-11_09-43-43

Wow Bob...very neat...super fun times ahead.  Paying it forward I see...you da Man!

It was actually easy since I have the other one as a template. 

Thanks for reminding me John, I almost forgot about it being ambidextrous. I was going to build another right handed table, but I forgot I have an important left handed shooter in the family, Christopher. Time to rethink........

Nice use of an old bench top!  I have an old bench that I need to modify for an extra shooter in the family in the distant future.  Thanks for some good ideas.

3 hours ago, Shoot-it said:

I think a wood top for the seat will be better to sit on..

I made an extra seat just for you. Now you won't have to worry about falling off if it gets wind :smiley-outta-here:

2017-02-12_04-22-32

I have plans to cut a piece of plywood into a circle, put foam on it with material, and then stalpe it to the plywood making a padded seat. Then bolt it to the existing metal one. Until then I will just put a pad that is used for a car seat to set on there for now ;)

22 hours ago, Yateswell said:

If you supply ammo I'll go and shoot with you

There is a deal Bob, but I would make Simon buy the beer.

On 2/21/2017 at 6:19 AM, lif2fsh said:

that's really cool but it needs a cup holder lol.

I concur, that's why MY table has one. Anyone borrowing this table is on their own :D

Shoot-it likes this