Sign in to follow this  
PigHostile1

45 cal

Hi, 

I'm thinking about getting a handgun in the 45 cal. but would like to know which model is most sturdy and reliable?. I've also rented a few handguns at the range and seems to like the fnx model. I like to hear from experiences shooters. 

Thanks,

I'm a Glock 21 and 1911 series fan.  I've had my Glock 21 for 20 years and it has never let me down.  There are several great manufactures and models.  A lot has to do what you are using the .45 for.  Home defense, EDC, hunting, target shooting, etc.  

1 hour ago, Squid said:

I'm a Glock 21 and 1911 series fan.  I've had my Glock 21 for 20 years and it has never let me down.  There are several great manufactures and models.  A lot has to do what you are using the .45 for.  Home defense, EDC, hunting, target shooting, etc.  

I will be using for target and home defense only

9 hours ago, ShooterJohn said:

I'm a 1911 fan myself but have a couple of Sig Sauer's in .45 too.  My favorite carry is my Kimber Ultra CDP.

Among all three guns you mentioned which gun is sturdy and reliable?

21 hours ago, ShooterJohn said:

I have over 15 different .45 acp's and they all are very reliable and very sturdy.

Is that all?  lol

My favorite carry is a Smith and Wesson M&P 45 that I bought off of a cop. He sold it because he hated the crappy trigger pull.  I put in an apex and there is about 1/8" total trigger travel, crisp reset and a 4# pull.  Alien gear tuckable holster.

ware%20wolf%20and%20vampire%20ammo_zpsdh