Cranky Farmer

Just made my first Wildcat case!!

6 posts in this topic

I just finished resizing some brand new 222 Remington Mag brass to 6x47 for the rifle I am having built. It was the first time I have "made" any thing and it was a lot easier than I expected. Next I need to just debur the flash holes and uniform the primer pocket before trimming them down on Giraud case trimmer. If I can get through all my honey-do's and homework I will get some loaded up this weekend.

Congrats man! That's great! My hat's off to you. I wouldn't even know where to start on something like that.Jason

It's a whole lot simpler than it sounds ( to me atleast as a NEW-Be). I just basically was resizing the brass from a .224 to a .243 to allow the 6mm bullets to be seated. My rifle should be done some time next month. I will have pictures when it's all finished up and ready to roll. And thanks!

Ditto Jason, Heath, and my hat is off to you too... Sounds like a great project that you're truely enjoying and good for you. Keep us posted on your progress...Frank

Thanks, Frank. It is my first custom job and I am pretty excited. I am even going so far as to have a left hand thumb hole stock made for it. It's getting a brake and a Shilen barrel on a mini Mauser action. I still need to come up with some good rings and bases for this thing, though. No one seems to make them! :roflmao3[1]:

Sounds like a great project gun. Keep us posted on your progress. Those small 6 MMs usually shoot really well.