SpotandStalk

What type of binoculars do you use when hunting?

Brands of Binoculars in hunting   40 members have voted

1. 1. What brand of binocular do you use most when hunting?

• Barska
    • BSA
    • Burris
    • Bushnell
    • Kahles
    • Leica
    • Leupold
    • Meopta
    • Nikon
    • Simmons
    • Steiner
    • Swarovski
    • Zeiss
    • Other
    • I don't use binoculars

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 posts in this topic

Just curious as to what type of binoculars are being used when hunting. I use a pair of Nikon 7x35 that seem to do the trick for me.S&S

I like my Nikon Premier LX L 8x42 binoculars the best. Very clear with great glass. They're a bit pricey but after a day of using them it makes all the difference.Hey S&S you should vote on your own poll. ^_^

I use a leupold 10X23 wind river mesa. They aren't the best during the last few minuits of legal shooting time but they are cheap, compact, lightweight, and very clear

Swarovski! Have 3 bino's and a spotter. Alot of money but a lifetime investment.

Hey S&S you should vote on your own poll. ^_^
SJohn,Good call! I'm not use to that much labor for a post...so I forgot to start off the voting. :doh[1]: S&S

Who shoots that late anyway. :doh[1]:^_^
Good point! It's not like the animals are active at that time anyway. ;) S&S

I use a big arse Barska. It something like 4-30X50 or something like that. It's somewhat hard to focus and very difficult to keep steady when zoomed in at 30X, but it's the only one I got, and I got it free (that's my favorite kind).

I use a pair of 8 x 40 Nikons from walmart that I don't mind gettting dirty and roughed up. They do tend to fog up quite a bit in the cold and in the rain. Eventually will step up into something better.

Steiner Predators 12x40. Great field of view, work in low light, no fog problems. Great when glassing for elk in Colorado!Darren

Swarovski, tried them all but I don't consider taking anything else with me anymore. I can see the eye's of a ground squirrel in the weeds as if he was on a HD Cinemax Screen, then all I have to do is get him transferred to my scope, which can be a problem at times. :doh[1]:

Swarovski, tried them all but I don't consider taking anything else with me anymore. I can see the eye's of a ground squirrel in the weeds as if he was on a HD Cinemax Screen, then all I have to do is get him transferred to my scope, which can be a problem at times. :doh[1]:
You said Swaros but did you vote on the poll. There's only one vote for Swaros and it's mine.

Leupold here.. Only thing Swarovski I own is a range finder that we had to have because it goes out 1700 yards... Only reason I dont own more is cuz well... I aint rich LOL...

I use a pair of 8 x 40 Nikons from walmart that I don't mind gettting dirty and roughed up. They do tend to fog up quite a bit in the cold and in the rain. Eventually will step up into something better.
Eventually...Easter is just around the corner. Here's a link for the step up you're looking for.http://www.swfa.com/c-168-swarovski-el-binoculars.aspxS&S

And this from the person that owns a FLEET of quads. :doh[1]:
:doh[1]:

I use Nikon as where I hunt is in the trees and I only have a short field of view. I noted that (3)three of us said Nikon but the survey showed only (1)one vote for Nikon.

You said Swaros but did you vote on the poll. There's only one vote for Swaros and it's mine.
thought I voted unless it didn't go thru, sure you voted? :doh[1]:

Thanks Dale it is now. I just get used to clicking on View New Posts and don't always look at the category.

And this from the person that owns a FLEET of quads. :signlol2iu:
ROFLMAO Okay good point... But that is WHY Im not rich LOL...

I use the Steiner M&P modle in 10X50. No focus except when you first set them up. Very clear and crisp. Great for shooting prairie dogs where they are at all different ranges and not having to focus for each dog.Mike