Sign in to follow this  
Shoot-it

Missed a big buck

I missed a big buck friday evening big wide forks it was at 70 yards broad side this buck was standing like a statue.I was driving down a dirt road on my way to check a game cam and there he was ! I was scared it would bolt if I walked up a little closer so I took the shot standing next to the truck the arrow fell short of the buck.I knew my broadheads were a little lower then field points but didn't think it was a big deal until now.Its past 2 am on saturday and I can't go to sleep I have been out all night messing with it ....I will get this figured out in the morning... :1019::1019::1019:

I should wait tell rifle season and put this bow stuff away.... :glare:

I was a little .. I knew they were hitting a little lower and thought it would be ok.I have them all dialed in now .......This archery stuff is not as easy as a rifle no wonder Indians switched over to the rifle....

I have seen so many coyotes since I started this deer season the other day I set up next to a sleeping coyote.I didn't notice until he jumped up 5 yards from me... :blink:

Good thing he was not a rattlesnake:)

I am going to start archery hunting again. Orders my stuff yesterday

Places I deer hunt have a huge difference in both the number of deer seen and other hunters seen between archery and general rifle season. I seldom see more than 2 or 3 other people while bowhunting. As an added bonus, during archery season you don't have people scoping you from the other side of the canyon.

I only shoot broad heads with my bow.. with in two years one can expect to see a lot more bow hunters out there with all the dumb new gun laws.

I only shoot broad heads with my bow.. with in two years one can expect to see a lot more bow hunters out there with all the dumb new gun laws.

I think you may have a good point!

Did it (coyote) yell BOO!? :rofl2:

When I call you deadeye, it isn't because you're a crack shot, it's because you must have a "dead" eye :rofl2:

I should wait tell rifle season and put this bow stuff away.... :glare:

I vaguely remember a few stories that tell me that won't make much of a difference! :rofl2:

Maybe you need some broadERheads? :rofl2:

OK, I'm done, :smiley-sorry: . Couldn't help it :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: . At least you're seeing them (deer, not coyotes :lol: ), that's half the battle. It has to be tough if it is half as hot as it is here. UGH!!! Just think about all the self satisfaction you will have if when you stick one. Go get em!

Bob is being a meanie ...were you hitting the bottle with your lips again.😆

Hey Tim I will take you out there this season you better not put another arrow between the horns ....😀