Sign in to follow this  
Traveler52

Yeti Knock Off

A few weeks ago a friend had what I though was a Yeti 30 oz tumbler. He informed me it was a RTIC it's a knock off.

So I got one and does this thing keep things cold or hot

1/2 the cost online only

They currently have 3 sizes of cooler.

All 1/2 the cost of Yeti.

Yes it's made in China just like Yeti.

The tumbler looks exactly like Yeti, I'd think it came out of the same plant.

Read about it here:

https://www.rticcoolers.com/

I have the 30oz cooler and the 65qt ice chest. They are great. The ice chest actually holds more than the yeti and is easier to open. My son-in-lay has the yeti and likes my rtic better.

They are less money and as good.

Either brand, life ceases to exist without the "Colster". I don't think I can hunt dove without it any more!

I just ordered the soft 20 cooler. It won't ship until 08/08/16, but I'll tell you how it works after i get it. 99 bucks and free shipping.

I decided to give the 30oz Tumbler a try. YES, it works great, like you said. Almost too well. Got it Friday and have been using it at work and home. I filed it with ice about 8:30am this morning and then added tea from the fridge to it. Since I grabbed something on the way out I did not need to drink from it until nearly 2pm this afternoon. To my surprise, it was still completely full of ice after being left in the truck in the high 90 degree temps. I grabbed a diet soda on the way out and topped it off again. When I got home I finished it off as I pulled up, and still had half the cup full of ice! This is what it looked like after almost 8 hours on nearly a hundred degree day. Very impressed to say the least. The only drawback is that they take an exceptionally L O N G time to ship. Especially the coolers! But they are definitely worth it.

Oh, and I don't know about a knock-off. The rotomolded design had been around long before Yeti came out. Also, their products vary in slight differences as well. The cooler have nicer handles as well as a better place to lift the lid. The tumblers also have a different angle to them than the Yeti tumblers.

Better jump on them now before the dove opener since they can take a week or two to ship!

IMG_4944_zpsfmkwfg2p.jpg

IMG_4945_zpskpb7cgua.jpg

You will have to go to the website and check for that. What I can tell you is that much of the time they are way backordered. One of the reasons they can sell for so cheap is because they have no storefront nor do they allow their products stocked by vendors. They only sell online, this cuts cost way, way down. Don't be surprised if there is a couple month backorder. At Christmas time they had a decent inventory on hand, but I do not know if they still do, you will have to check their website for that as well. It will be worth any wait though.

I have the rotomolded 65, the soft side 20, a few can hlders, a few big cups, and a few flasks.  I'm very happy with all of them.  i stuffed 2 deer into the 65 last month.  It worked like a champ.