clampdaddy

cross draw holster for ruger?

7 posts in this topic

Well, I went down to the gunshop the other day and ordered a stainless ruger black hawk in 45 colt with a 4 5/8ths barrel. I already have a blued version in 357 and haven't had much luck finding a crossdraw holster for it. The models I've found have been for longer barreled pistols. I've found many cowboy style rigs that have a hammer thong but I want a strap with a snap to keep it secure. Those thongs are a pain if you have to put your rig to work in a hurry. Anybody have any ideas? Oh, and it has to be leather.

You neglect to say what company's you've looked at. I saw some at El Paso Saddlery. You could also try Galco. Those are the one's that come to mind at the moment.

have you looked at kirkpatrick?of course my ruger 45 colt is a 7 1/2" barrel but they have or at least had a wide line of holsters.bought a crossdraw for hunting cause i can position it outta the way if i am doin the deed of a buck or yote in the field.its a very durable cross draw thick leather and high quality.

RD, I also have a Ruger .45 with the long barrel. I've been looking for a better holster than my sholder nylon version I bought. Good for running the brush for hogs, but looking for something diff. Thanks.

yup i bought my cross draw for hunting and it works pretty good fairly comphy as well, think i paid 275.00 for it new, kinda spendy but worth it to me.