BigLouSemperFi

Garmin GPSMAP 64st

5 posts in this topic

Just picked up the garmin 64st. Gonna get the hunt chip to see private/ public land. Does any body have this model? Pros/cons

Thanks

I recently bought one but have not done anything with it. I got chips for Ca and Wy also.

BigLouSemperFi likes this

I recently bought one but have not done anything with it. I got chips for Ca and Wy also.

Let me know how it works out. I will update as soon as I use mine.

So far by just playing with it, I like the user friendliness. The Birdseye view is nice. It is very sensitive so it tracks even if the unit is still. Got the hang of it real quick, gonna take it out on a scouting trip, hopefully I can land my first piggy.

So far I like it. Took it to a scouting trip, not as big of fan of the birds eye as I thought. Can't see property lines in bird view, but you can enable/disable Birdseye view. Ran it for almost 24 hours on first set of batteries. Easy to use, very accurate. Still working on a few bugs. Easy to mark spots, look up spots. After trip, uploaded my trip info onto base camp, awesome to see my marks, distance, satellite view, 3D view. Took a little getting used too, but great software.