OrneryOlMofo357

Better start buying more Lowers!

17 posts in this topic

Check out this plan from the Dems in Cali. Buy the lowers now while you can.

California: Two Anti-Gun Bills that will have a Serious Affect on Semi-Automatic Firearms have been Introduced

On Thursday, January 14, Californias NRA-PVF F-rated Attorney General, Kamala Harris, announced her support of freshman Assemblymember David Chius introduction of Assembly Bill 1663 in a press release. AB 1663 would expand the classification of assault weapons to include all detachable magazine semi-automatic rifles and any rifle that uses a bullet button.1 Gun owners who possess these firearms would be required to register them as assault weapons or face potential felony penalties, arrest, and confiscation of the firearm. AB 1663 will also ban the future sale of these firearms.

On the same day, NRA-PVF F-rated Assemblymembers Marc Levine and Phil Ting introduced a second anti-gun bill, Assembly Bill 1664. AB 1664 would ban the use of a bullet button.

The use of a bullet button currently keeps semi-automatics with detachable magazines from being classified as an assault weapon. In banning the use of a bullet button the possessor will now have possession of what California law considers an assault weapon. With this being said, the possessor will have to register that firearm as an assault weapon or face potential felony penalties, arrest, and confiscation of the firearm. AB 1664 will also ban the future sale of these firearms.

The explanation of registration in both bills means paying a registration fee and completing a registration form that contains:

A description of the firearm and unique identifiers;

The date the firearm was acquired

The name and address of the individual from whom, or business from which the firearm was acquired;

Registrants full name, address, telephone number, date of birth, height, weight, eye color, hair color, and;

California drivers license number or California identification card number.

These bills are detrimental to the Golden States law-abiding gun owners, which number in the hundreds of thousands. They would turn legally-owned semi-automatic firearms into what California law defines as an assault weapon. These same firearms are used in hunting, competitive shooting and for general legal use throughout the United States.

Assemblymembers David Chiu, Marc Levine, and Phil Ting must hear from all of Californias Second Amendment supporters opposing these erroneous bills. It is IMPERATIVE for you to forward this CRITICAL alert to your family, friends, fellow sportsmen, gun owners, and Second Amendment supports.

Contact information can be found below.

Assemblymember David Chiu (D-17)

(916) 319-2017

california-two-anti-gun-bills-that-will-have-a-serious-affect-on-semi-automatic-firearms-have-been-introduced

What is a assault rifle?

None of my guns have assaulted anyone.

Tom

I'm not so lucky, all of mine have assaulted many, many rabbits :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

SACRAMENTO - Yesterday, two California Senators joined forces to introduce the third gun control bill of 2016 that would increase the scope of the state's already expansive ban on so-called "assault weapons."

Senate Bill 880, authored by Senators Isadore Hall, III (D - Compton) and Steve Glazer (D - Orinda) would change the definition of “assault weapon” to include a semi-automatic, centerfire rifle, or a semi-automatic pistol, that does not have a “fixed magazine” but has any one of the listed “evil features.”

The language of SB 880 would define "fixed magazine" as one that "cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action."

Should SB 880 pass, potentially millions of locked-magazine or “Bullet Button”-equipped firearms would need to be registered with the Department of Justice.

You probably don't realize it but the "bullet button" has NEVER actually been approved by DOJ, thus, technically, never making it "legal". The button passes emEVERY qualification listed on the ban (must use a tool to release) and as hard as they cried the courts decided it passed everything they listed. However, DOJ is just being pricks and never actually said it was legal despite qualifying. They were beat at their own game by a very intelligent gun fanatic and were butt-hurt lol. Same thing goes for the newer Raddlock system. Just thought I would let y'all know. It always makes me laugh when I hear it referred to as the "CA Bullet Button", hear how it makes it legal :). Too many chiefs, not enough Indians :(.

ya know over here in Nevada, we can have all that stuff!... for now... Sorry John! lol

What if someone got an assault rifle in Nevada and brought it into California.

Would California be doomed?

Tom

Through private sales here in Nv it could be done, if the seller doesn't ask for an ID. But the buyer would still be breaking the law.

Grant, ya that's what I want to find out more about :) I heard about the single shot ar pistols you can buy registered and just change it to a gas tube, but also curious if I can buy the lower that is on the approved list. All still kinda new to me.

Grant, ya that's what I want to find out more about :) I heard about the single shot ar pistols you can buy registered and just change it to a gas tube, but also curious if I can buy the lower that is on the approved list. All still kinda new to me.

Not sure there is a "lower" on the approved list. I don't believe so.

I do know that you can start with a 80%er, as it is nothing but a paperweight. You can build it to a single shot so that it is legal, and then convert it to semi afterwards. You can use a mag block and still build it with a gas tube. The allows the action to open, but the mag block stops the action from closing. It also prevents you from loading any more than just one round at a time. Some people are engraving "Pistol" on the lower, make sure to still use a bullet button, 10 round mag (if you convert it to semi), and a pistol buffer tube, and never shoulder it. Calguns has a lot of information about this, and some threads about it.