CoyoteHuntress

Our hunting rigs..

91 posts in this topic

Jason,Dad was a service manager at a big International dealership at the time they converted to the 6.0... as I recall it was in part due to an effort to conform to new emissions standards.

Unfortunately I pulled the blower off last year so I could buy a boat. Next year it goes to AZ for a twin Turbo that should push me to just over 700hp. It's still has cam, heads, 90mm throttle body, injectors, and a custom tune though.

Here's my new rig...for hunting golf balls...my other rigs are two Grizzleys & F-150..

post-642-1187126106_thumb.jpg

I already have the AFE stage 2 and 4" magnaflow it was on the truck when I bought it. I am debating on the Edge Juice w/Attitude or the Banks 6 Gun I think they are both offering the same HP and torque gains but there is a big difference in price.

Hate to get in this one ----you can never win!! I have owned a new Chevy, Ford and a Dodge in the last 5 years, all diesels all stock, and I cant see any way you can beat the dodge. Power is way more than you really need, mileage is unreal, 22 to 24 miles per gallon driving 60 and 65. When we go to Colorado every year I stop and get drinks while everyone else fills up with gas, I love it. I can ruin a set of new tires on the rear real quick, burns rubber easy. Pulls my toyhauler like its not there. Been a Chevy man all my life but no more. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

Hey what part of Colorado you hunt? We hunt From Rangley To Meeker. Ill wave when we pass you :smiley-funny-post-sign: We will be the Grey Crewcab with the 36 ft fifth wheel toy hauler...... Oh wait, maybe I should post the back end LOL... post-768-1187245148_thumb.jpg

I have rented and landed planes at Rifle and Rangely. Hunt up near Dinosaur almost every year for Elk! Love hunting Elk and deer up there. See you out there next year as this year I am hunting local only.Darren

We hunt Dinosaur area too.. You know how you go out of town and on the left there is that little public rest room? Last year a cow and bull were hit by a big rig, we saw it coming down on our way so Grandpa could visit the rest area... On our way back someone had already stopped and cut the bulls head off.. Right behind the ears.. I couldnt believe it.. As if they wouldnt get caught with a rack like that... We video taped a herd moving thru their last Christmas.. It was only 200+ head but we counted over 50 bulls :lol: Mostly young ones, IM hoping for the day I get to see 1000's come thru there.. I want it on video.. When they come thru there they say it can stop traffic for a couple of hours... What a site that would be..

This is like beating a dead horse LOL.They are all good trucks. I heard that ford owns cummins now ?.....Duramax is still better :good:

We hunt Dinosaur area too..
What kinda of Caliber do you use when hunting Dinosaur areas? LOL ;);)

...until Chevy or Dodge comes out with something with the same specs as ford using the same gears, etc as ford then Ill be impressed......Cat was talking to ford but cant produce the number of engines ford wants so now they are talking to Toyota? I think it was...
:signlol2iu: LOL, you must have COMPLETELY missed posts #26 & #30!!!

That's a beautiful EB Orion!

Heres my rig... Love to use it!
What year is your Bronco? I have a '77, the last year they made the "Real Ones". Great hunting rigs!

Thanks guys! It's a '72 with a 351 and a 435 transmission. She is out of service right now, awaiting a break line install and master cylinder rebuild when I get back from Montana.Jim

my shop truck I take to outdoor shows. 1990 GMC Z-71Truck_Motor2_600-1.jpgMotor is 383 Stroker, All TBI, Built 700R4 Trans, Full Possi Tract rear end, new_truck3_600-1.jpgnew_truck2_600-1.jpgnew_truck1_600-1.jpgthe Mule & 360 Prarie100_1754.jpgMy family / personal truck 2000 GMC Z-71 Exended Cabextra3929.jpg

Here's mine.Lincoln1.jpg