Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bzzrd feedr

ThermaCELL Mosquito Repeller

6 posts in this topic

Has anybody used one of of these? I've heard they work great and they are not expensive. dale

Has anybody used one of of these? I've heard they work great and they are not expensive. dale
Dale, I bought one about a year ago for Spring turkey hunting and I have been very happy with it. It is one of very few products I have bought that has worked exactly as advertized. Turn it on and the mosquitos are gone (in about 5 min.) My only complaint is the cost of replacing the butane fuel cells and the repellant pads, but hopfully the cost will come down in the future. I know you can use the fuel cells for the portable curling irons and save some cost, but I haven't found any good bulk sales on pads.Jim

Hey Jim, thanks for the info on the fuel cells. I'll have to do some searching for the replacement pads.Welcome to the forum too! :)

Thanks for the reply's I went ahead and bought one for early duck season but now I see they have a holster which looks like a must to hang it in the duck blind. dale

Hey, coming from someone whom those little blood suckers love and who also reacts quite a bit to the bites, I am very happy and excited to have seen this post! I have already searched around on the net to find some and will be getting one shortly fo-sho! I did wonder however from those of you who have used them...DO THEY GIVE OFF ANY APPRICIABLE ODOR AND OR NOISE? I am concerned that wearing one while deer hunting might give me up?thanks,biGjOhn