Cranky Farmer

17 Fireball ammo ...

9 posts in this topic

That's about right because the shops that have the rifles don't have the ammo. :) Did you ask to see the ammo? It's sort of cute little stuff.

Yes, he pulled it out and showed me when I asked him if he had any 17 Remington dies. He has two of the rifles on order.

Were you able to get the dies you wanted? I got my gun to the shop. I get it back next week. But I have lots of shells loaded to try out. Man I forgot how difficult it was to get powder into those teeny tiny cases. ;):)

I could send you some shells. I can't shoot mine till next week. These are just test rounds as I'm trying to find something it will like. It's almost squirrel time. You need to come visit.

I've got 6 or 7 test rounds left that shot well. I want to try and christen this rifle !! I will use for now until my bushing gets here. But thanks!

........Man I forgot how difficult it was to get powder into those teeny tiny cases. :);)
Aint that the truth! When I got my .17 rem I had to order a new powder funnel for that little sucker so I got an RCBS funnel. When it came time to load up some ammo I found that static electricity wouldn't let all of the powder thru. A few cernals of powder would stay stuck to the side of the funnel and when I'd try to use my finger to push them down they'd dance around and try to get away! :lol: Oh well, I called midway to order a Lyman electronpowder dispencer the other day so I added a Satern aluminun/brass funnel while I was at it. :lol:

Try wiping the inside of the funnel with those clothes softener sheets that you put in the clothes dryer with your clothes. I read about using those years ago and it really works to get rid of the static.