Cranky Farmer

Youngster17's bobcat skull in progress

18 posts in this topic

I added his skull to the tank late last night. They are working their magic and should be done in a day or two. Here are some pictures.DSC_6409.jpgDSC_6408.jpgDSC_6407.jpg

Where do you guys get the beetles from?Jason

There are a bunch of guys out there who have them for sale. The guy I got them from turned out to be a turkey so I won't direct you to him.

Those little buggers are amazing. I'd sure like to get some, but my chickens would like them more.

chickens or the ducks in my yard! amzing, but I was almost going to have lunch..guess it was my fault for wanting to take a peek!

So anyone got a good source for these? Some sort of mail order business?Jason

Sorry about the delay, I've been busy and sick. Anyway ... here's your skull after the beetles and before I begin to whiten it.P3150319.jpg

Correct. For greasier animals like hogs you have to use some different chemicals, though. Arise, save a goose head for me next time you're out and I'll do one for you to see how it turns out.

I'll do that!Remember to post up the final product after you whiten the skull.Is this something you can do in an extra room or the garage. Can you smell it?

Very cool. How do you whiten it?
Crest whitestrips, of course! :roflmao3[1]:edit:(whoops! I read that as "How do you whiten teeth?")

I would think the garage or at least out of the house. It is slightly odoriferous isn't it Heath? I mean not something you'd want inside the house. :huh:

The smell depends alot on how much meat you remove first, temperature, and how many skulls your processing. At the peak of the season I run 3 or 4 skulls a week and my colony can get pretty ripe. It's definitely an outdoor hobby unless you like being single with half your stuff. I keep mine in the garage and get no complaints.Scott