Dutchman

M1 Garand delivered to my front door!

My CMP Special Grade M1 finally arrived on Friday. Kind of weird that the CMP doesn't need to go through an ffl :) 1k rounds of M2 Ball arrived a couple months ago (Greek surpluss, non-corrosive)

Time to field strip it, and lubricate it...pictures to follow. I have 5# ea of Varget and IMR4064 and plan on loading up some Commifornia legal 150 grain Nosler e-tips and keep the pressures within M2 specs. (got a ported gas plug as a little added insurance from bending the op rod)

Absolutely excited!! I really want to go piggie hunting with this beast, just for grins and giggles.

I'd like to see what a special grade Garand looks like also.

The CMP doesnt need to go through an FFL, because the CMP is an FFL...

Glad I got mine way back when they were $94, but I regret not getting an 03A3 then also...

Ok...just snapped a cell phone pic of the rifle, as my camera bateries were dead. garandgetoffmylawn_zpsff70b16e.jpg

Off the bench with surplus Greek M2 Ball ammo at 100 yards, the thing groups way better than I was expecting to see with iron sights. Came up 2 more clicks and one click to the right for windage and she's zeroed for 300 yards. 32 shots and one failure to come into battery (I guess I need to lube her up a little better next time)

Garand100yardgroup_zpsbfb6cf7e.jpg

"The greatest battle implement ever devised"

Congrats man. A full clip clustered like that with open sight. I want one.