Sign in to follow this  
seebass

The SP-55 by Foxpro

I received my SP-55 last week and haven't had the chance to use it yet... But hey! I set it up on my safe and took a cool picture!

IMAG0854_zps030e6ca6.jpg

The tail is my first "purposefully hunted" coyote tail I got in 2011 with Grant along with some of the fresh reloaded I made the other night.

I'll camo it up next week before I take it out.

Happy hunting!

I use a Foxpro SP-55 Speaker on every stand I make when I am using my Fury or my CS-24. If you want the coyotes to run right up to your caller more often it is a good idea to camo the black speaker.

The SP-55 Speakers are top heavy so I put a small plywood base on them so the speaker will not fall over as easy.

064.jpg

I think you can see the plywood base on my SP-55 Speaker in the above photo. I really think it helps getting the sound out to where you want it when you can point two different speakers exactly where you want them pointed.

Not to be a smart a$$ :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: , but there is a nice and dead coyote pictured along with the callers and speaker.

:doh[1]::rofl2:

The batteries will not last as long with the SP-55 Speaker in use so you should have some extra batteries ready to go.

seebass, if you plug your SP-55 Speaker into the rear speaker jack on your Firestorm with the Firestorm rear speaker shut off you will get more volume and it will take full advantage of the amplifier. When I saw you had it plugged into the front speaker jack I asked Scott at Foxpro about it and he said it is better to use the rear speaker jack for the SP-55 Speaker with the rear speaker on the caller shut off.

Thanks for taking the time to check on that for me Bob! That's great to know. I would have run it differently for sure! I also have a little piece of plywood for a base I'm going to attach tonight for a Monday hunt.

When you talk about battery life with both speakers running, I was wondering... I make an average of 10 stands 15 max a hunt for 20 minutes each. Any worries there in your opinion?

Thanks again for the info

I have always used a Foxpro 12 volt gel cell battery on my Foxpro callers so I have never ran out of battery power.

I would think you would want two sets of good batteries when you go calling even if you don't use a external speaker.