CaseyU

Ruby mountains bow success

20 posts in this topic

What a trip! planned on hunting 11 days and 3 days of scouting. I was fortunate enough to take my little brother on his first big hunting trip. I can not count how many bucks we saw over the trip. but lets just say plenty :). I told myself i was going to hunt 6 days for a big one and after that, i'm looking for one that is big enough for my freezer! It was tough hunting! you could not pattern the deer because the bucks were following or pushing does but the rut was not on yet. but that also meant we saw new bucks every day. after countless stalks and close calls. on day 10 i got thirty yards from this boy and i could not be happier with the hunt. Great buck. Great stories. Taught the little brother a ton!!! tons of pictures and tons of memories. could not ask for more. I have a bunch more pics i promise i will post when photobucket decides to cooperate... but until then heres one.. hope everyone has a great and safe holidays

2012-11-17072706.jpg

I guess that makes it unanimous,

We all like it, Congratulations!

Tom

Great looking animal. Looking forward to more pictues.

Nice Buck

My dad and Mom's family used to hunt on a ranchers place somewhat close to Deeth. They hunted there every year from the late 50's to the early 70's. It ended when the ranch owner was killed from a Handgun discharged while he was running the ranch in a jeep.

Closest I got was sitting on the biggest head/ cape dad killed while it was at the butchers.

Allen

:good: real nice buck in great looking country. Nice getting your brother out also.

Great job!

I have friends that have hunted the Ruby's many years. I've seen lots of pix of big deer in there.

But its the bird hunting in the Ruby Mtns that makes me crazy! Gotta get there sometime.

Nice buck. Nice looking country. Does the area around Elko look like that or is that just in the mountain area? Congrats.

The area around elko is similar to the south and hen high desert to the north