Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chuckocaster

My BBQ/smoker

14 posts in this topic

All this talk of cooking and grilling got me all excited. As I posted in the other threads I LOVE to cook over open coals. Right now I have all three sizes of Weber grills, a small hibachi my Grandpa made out of a tool box, and this 55 gallon beast. I got the inspiration from a friend who bought one from some guy. I made a couple mods to the design as I felt his was lacking in a couple areas.

So here it is!

post-6378-0-41497300-1353362549_thumb.jp

Nice UDS. That weber lid is tits.

I'm gonna fire her up tomorrow, the speckled belly geese are defrosted. I'll post some pics.

We're gonna need some pix of the finished product.

I'm not doing any game meat for Thxgvg, just a dry brined turkey and the ham.

Nice I just got my first one and the first run was so successful I wasn't able to take a pic before dinner lol.

I like your feed door but where do you fill your water pan from?

Water pans limit the development of the "bark".

No water pan for me, nothing against it, just not a technique I use. I usually mix briquets and wood chunks. The wood chunks I soak before using. I don't really "smoke" per say, it's more a byproduct of my BBQing style. If I was going to "smoke" I would suggest one of the side draft types, then you can REALLY get some indirect heat action going.

Post a pic if you can! I'm always interested in what other people are using, and talking shop

I have pics under a title similar to yours in this same sub forum check it out it's just the typical slightly modded ECB

I saw that after I replied to this thread yesterday... What a dingle berry huh? LOL