Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chuckocaster

What's for dinner tonight at your house?

17 posts in this topic

I'm making chicken parm, got my sauce simmering right now. I'm using plum tomatoes this time as that's what I have. I cook 90% homemade, learned from some of the best (my Mom and grandma). I do put my own spin on things tho.

Curious who else on here like to cook? The Thanksgiving thread got me interested in chatting it up with fellow chefs.

post-6378-0-31850600-1353105944_thumb.jp

I have an interest in cooking but not from recipes. I like to learn techniques and complementary ingredients then create from there. I really like bbq and grilling because it has a lot of opportunities for innovating techniques. My wife says I can't follow a recipe. Yet when one of her creations from a recipe tastes blah, she asks me to fix it up.

Very cool stuff! I do the same thing SXS, I learn techniques and the basis of different dishes and then tweak them to what I want. I'm a picky eater, so learning to cook was a good thing, that way I can make things exactly how I want them.

I like to grill and BBQ, next week I'll be BBQing a whole goose. Gonna hang it in my 55 gallon drum BBQ I made. Should be interesting as it's the first time I've done one. Planning on brining it, then hitting it with a dry rub.

Here was tonight's dinner: Chicken parmesan with homemade marinara, penne pasta with homemade bechamel sauce, and garlic chiabatta bread. Very delicious!

post-6378-0-37910600-1353123128_thumb.jp

As much as I have been spoiling the nephews lately, this was my dinner

spam.jpg

But if the oldest one (and I) does his part, this is what we will be having for Thanksgiving. Hence the Spam tonight :)

pheasant.jpg

I love cooking .... Tonight I did broiled rib eyes, baked taters with all the trim, and hickory smoked and bacon baked beans...

Damn Bob (Bisley) I can't even cook SPAM lol. I had fried Blue Grouse last night. I didn't kill them or cook them, nieghbors wife did both. I am not a bird eater but have to say they were damn good. Ed

I usually fry Bologna heavily in Butter... I then gently drag the Bologna across the bread. I then Put the Bologna back in the package and eat the Bread. Did I mention that I love the Obama Economy? lol;

I will be going to my sisters house in Grass Valley for thanksgiving,

I don't have a clue what we are eating, but my mom taught

my sister to cook, so it is always good.

Tom

Dang Ed, thought I was the only guy that could burn water :roflmao3[1]: . Only bird I don't really care for is turkey. Of course Wild Turkey is a different story all together!!! I love to shoot it, and even used to have it by itself for dinner a couple nights a week. But then the state of CA and I came to an arrangement and I had to slow down my drinking..............somewhat :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Ornery, that sounds like a guy we hunt/camp with. He likes to fry eggs and bacon, then after breakfast he takes a piece of bread and wipes out the grease in the pan with it for desert. I'm bad, but even I can't do that!

Wife and I just wrapped up skillet fried lobster tails, asparagus, and mushroom risotto. I'm very full. Thought about taking pictures but couldn't wait to eat it, kind of regretting that decision now.

Hanging with my ole buddy Chuck MKI, and we're having homemade chicken tacos and drinking Mexican beer. Weather is crappy, but it's nice inside. We even fired up the turntable and are spinning some vinyl!

post-6378-0-94033200-1354332111_thumb.jp