lif2fsh

savage problem

8 posts in this topic

When you say that the bolt goes uncocked. Do you mean it drops the firing pin? Could be dangerous. Can you explain what happens a little more? Do you mean that the Bolt doesent actually cock? Maybe the bolt is in need of a good cleansing.? With or withouth a round, the bolt should cock. Take it to a gunsmith if you are unsure. It sounds like the bolt is gummed up.

No problems with either of the two Savage rifles I own. Maybe give their customer service a call and describe the problem.

The only problem I've had with a Savage and its bolt, was when a gunsmith I had never used tried to lighten an Accu trigger. It fired as the bolt was rotated closed. Savage was not happy but supplied me the necessary parts to repair the condition.

Big shooter your right, after thinking, maybe it is not cocking it. Here is a pic. the little black knob my finger is pointing at should be in notch to the left. Doesn't do it all the time only when i am in a big ass hurry to get a second shot off.

DSC00763.jpg

Too little sear engagement,

Look up Savage trigger adjustment and turn the sear adjustment screw 1/2 of a turn.