Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jawbreaker

first go at a duck call

10 posts in this topic

I don't hunt ducks so I have never thought about building a duck call but my cousin is really into duck hunting so I figured I would give it a try. I haven't got the tone board right yet but I will get it tuned up pretty quick, I refuse to use someone elses tone board in my calls.

firstduckcall.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Ron

Wow! that Iphone took a crappt picture, I will get a better one up.

Don't know how it is going to sound, but it is damn purttttttyyyyyyyyy. Ed

I just use Echo toneboards in any I use. They make a terrific toneboard. I had a neighbor come over the other day and specifically ask for a call with one of the Echo toneboards. He loves them. That is a fine looking call Ron. Nice work.

I spent a good hour and a half today figuring out the tone board and I think I have it pretty much dialed in. This ones going to my cousin but maybe I'll make a few more and give them out.

Braz, I might try those tone boards but there is something about a 100% custom call that I like and take pride in, not to say using other toneboards is a bad thing but just not really for me.

Thanks for the good coments guys'

Ron

Very nice looking call! There is something extra special about a duck call with a hand cut toneboard. I have a pet project call I've been tinkering with that I've made by modifying the toneboard of a mass produced double reed call and using a triple reed set out of another call. It's a great call but it will always just be a piece of cheap plastic. One day I'd like to have the equipment to duplicate it in wood or acrylic so I could show it off.

So how's the development of your toneboard coming along? Get any feedback from the field yet?