Air Rifle Hunter

Anybody Done any Airgun Hunting Lately?

32 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I live in fontana and just got a new air gun. Would like to try hunting cotton tail or jacks. Just dont know where to go. Any legal locations? Or would like the company when weather gets better. Thanks.

Mohave.

Air arms s410

Thanks for reply. Are there members here that go to Mohave on regular basis? Sometime having company is much better and probably safer.

Niice. I picked up a AA 510 Carbine thumbhole a while back in .22. I really like the gun. It rivals my Air Ranger in most regards but is so light. I added a Clague on it.

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum. Last week I got my new air rifle zeroed in and am very excited about going out hunting cottontails this coming Tuesday. I will report back. Hopefully the area will be good. Fingers crossed . . .

I went out with my air rifle yesterday to a couple of regular spots in the Angeles National Forest. I had a really late start and arrived at the first spot about 10 am; I usually see some bunny and quail activities in the past but it was pretty dead. Same thing happened with my 2nd location. I stayed until about 1 pm and decided to head home. I got skunked but it beats being in the office.

I filled my next door neighbors freezer with squirrels. He has enough for the entire winter at this point. I actually used the P-Rod for all of them (37 over several months). Shots were from 30 to near 60 yards. Always used JSB Exacts 14.3. All head and neck shots. I think I lost 3 squirrels that ran away using an airgun shooting about 14 fpe at the muzzle with a 12" barrel and a Hawke 4-12x50 AO Panorama scope.