Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mutt

Picked up a .22 for the wife.

11 posts in this topic

Did some wheeling and dealing yesterday and got the wife a little Remington nylon 66 manu date is 10-1976.

It was sitting in the guys closet for 20 years forgotton about. Spent a few hours this morning tearing it down and cleaning it up and she dont look half bad for a 36 year old .22.

I know a lot ofpeople didnt like the nylon series but for my wife it is perfect light easy to carry. I need to find someone close by that has a .22 bore sighting setup and set up the scope and get it halfway ready for her.

Untitled.jpg

That is a great find. I got mine to use as my trapping rifle back in the early 60's. It has been an excellent rifle and i would never get rid of it.

In fact here she is.

Nylon66.jpg

Those are fun rifles. Congratulations on the find!

Wow,

Good find,

I wish I still had mine, it was a fine rifle when I was growing up.

(I was growing up.) just a figure of speech, I haven't really grown up yet.

I have many of good memories of shooting rabbits with my nylon 66.

Have fun with it.

Tom

Thanks Guys!!!

Yea she is happier then a wet pig in the sunshine lol. She now has her irst .22 She loves shooting my old mosberg plinker 377. Another plastic stock but for a 32 year old rifle it works great. Now I need to find someplace to go shooting at local. Dog gone range kills me everytime I go 30 for the two of us and 50 in gas lol.

Congrats Mutt, I never owned one but I do know they are worth more now than they was new. Ed

And they were made by REMINGTON lol.

Picked up a bushnell 4x32 rimfire scope for her today and a bore site. Tomorrow we are going to manteca sportsman and sight it in nd have some fun. I think she will really like this little gun.