Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BullsEye

A little River fishing near the Andes in Chile

11 posts in this topic

I had to make an emergency trip to Chile. But things calmed down and was able to get to play a little. I met a guide at a fishing tackle store that was going rafting down the BioBio River targeting trout and was invited to tag along. I had 4 strikes along the 30 km stretch but didn't land anything myself. But the trip was awesome. Small rapids beautiful countryside and I was sent home with a few fish for dinner that evening too. It was nice to be able to feed the family even though I didn't catch the fish. Anyway I will have to come back sometime and redeem myself with some fish. :)

DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0059.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0075.jpg

DSCN0075.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0078.jpg

Very nice pictures,

Thanks for the report.

Tom

Thanks guys. The fishing is supposed to be amazing come November December. This was Davids first time out for this season on the river and we knew the fishing was going to be slow but it really was a beautiful place and it was a lot of fun on the inflatables.

WOW !!! Sorry to hear about " emergency " trip .Hope things worked out .

And it's stories like yours that make me regret never fishing when I was in Europe .

Andy

I understand your sentiments. I use to live there and never did any trout or salmon fishing. I was fortunate to get some fishing in on this trip considering the circumstances.