Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mackeralboy

What was I waiting for?

7 posts in this topic

So after 20 some odd years of reloading I finally got fed up trimming all my cases by hand and I broke down and bought a powered case prep unit. I've been using it for the last two days and I kick myself in the @$$ now that I didn't buy one sooner. I actually don't dread prepping cases anymore.

CasePrepunit.jpg

Will your Hornady prep center taer universal shell holders? Or do you have to use all Hornady like the Hand trimmer? Also is it easy to set up?

OOMofo,

The shell holders don't appear to be universal, meaning that other brands won't work with this trimmer as the center holes on them don't have a large enough diameter.

As far as set up it seems pretty straight forward. I had it up and running within a half hour of opening the box and that included reading the 3-4 pages of instructions. Once I set the depth on the plunger for the case trimmer it was dead on and has maintained a constant trim length for about 200 cases now.

Over all I'm pretty stoked with it as it has cut my case prep time in at least half.

If your still on the high of the new machine, I have a few cases I could let you do. lol

When do you want to do mine,.I hate reloading and also hate making up arrows. An evil that must be done .. Looks like a good set up. :good: