Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mackeralboy

The start of a new season

18 posts in this topic

Lobster season is upon us boys and girls!

lobsters9-29-12.jpg

Wow... Very nice! That one is a dandy.

Had a guy at work that was a serious lobster person. He would go to the far ends of the earth, in some unknown, God forsaken place and occasionally catch some real monsters. Some islands along the Equator etc ??

Anyway, :signs1180lq:

I will just take the three little ones. Way to go now im hungry. :good: Good job.

Nice catch!

True2 I think that is called chumming and it is illegal lol.

never been. feel free to invite :D

@Frank & Thumperdunker: Thanks, It's hard to tell from the picturre how big some of them are but the second one from the left is in the 3-4 pound range. The smallest of the bunch was probably a pound and a half which if you went out to eat at a resturant would be a good size tail. :drool:

@ Shooter John: Just shoot me a message next time your down in this getto. ;)

@ True2ThySelf: This bug catching thing might work out for you... You don't go onto the water, you dive under it. :puke:

Nice catch there and I'm with Thumper! You've made me hungry.

I happen to have a wetsuit but that's it so if you want to take me out sometime I won't protest too much

yea just watch out for whitey one was spotted in san pedro this week

Nice catch Mac! What time should I be there for dinner? ;)

John,

Do you want to carpool down to M.B.'s house for dinner?

As I remember it, I was invited to dinner also.

Tom

Nice grab Mike .

I hope none of them were " hanger ons " from Samo Bay . God knows what they would have been eating .....

You still at your j.o.b. down yawnder ?

Andy

Way to go on the bugs! I managed a few short ones last week during the day. I might head out Wednesday night to see if I can get some legals.

Makin' me jealous, still haven't been out since opener. Did see a sea turtle at San Clemente Island last week though.

Went out again at 9pm till about midnight last Saturday for a bunch of shorts again while free diving. Its nice to be out but a legal would be nicer. :)

Nice! I live pretty close to you near Green Hills Cemetary. I've been wanting to go out for lobster from my fishing kayak...I've got 3 kayaks if you want to borrow one...hint...hint...I'll take you hunting on some good chukar spots too, if you take me hunting on some good lobster spots! I also have some good calico,spotty, sand bass spots I fish near my house- you probably know these areas if you fish the ocean a lot, but it's really fun to fish from kayaks. My old kayak fishing partner left town, and my brother's scared ever since he got hit by a rogue wave a couple months back.