Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StephLuvsHunting

Just bought my first shotgun a Remington 870

32 posts in this topic

My dad, if he was alive would be105, used a model 11 Remington ( Browning patten) with a 32 inch full choke for every thing, doves, quail, pheasants, ducks and geese. He was the kind of guy that always came home with the limit lol. Shot 71/2 shot for everything too. Even geese lol. Bought shells, never reloaded. He would go dove hunting with a box of shells and get a limit(10) and come back with shells lol. But he was raised in a time when money was short and you hunted to eat. Ed

Bob,

choices by others, different than yours, will continue forever. Move past "my choice is right" on everything and you might learn a bit about something and enjoy it along the way.

A SHOT GUN ?! What happend to the bow? :P 870s are great guns I have two.

009.jpg

Had to post that. Steph that shot gun can be used on othe game besides birds. Any thing in this state you can take with it. With a mod choke you can use slugs for deer and other big game ,at close range 50Yards maybe a bit farther. Or you can get a slug barrel and realy reach out to get them . A shot gun is almost as versitile as a bow. Good choice . Go shoot the snot out of it and start getting game.We expect pictures. :good: If I could only have one fire arm it would be a shot gun.

Thanks ThumperDunker! Funny I just saw the movie Looper and they a girl with a Remington 870, an American icon indeed this gun is and i am going to be a proud owner of it. I cannot wait to take it in the field and have some fun.

Question, how many acres of private property do u have to have to legal be able to hunt for say upland game, or say hogs? lol sorry that was random, just wondering because im going to do some work for this lady that owns a goat farm and she backs up to some good areas of morgan territory.

It depends more upon where the property is located not how big it is. If it's located in the city then it doesn't matter how big the area is you can't hunt it. Check the county regulation on hunting before you go out or call the local sheriff's department and ask them . Then you also run into the 150 yard rule about occupied dwellings if there is a neighbor close by.

SxS, do you own every freakin' Ithaca except the four that I have??? Lol!!! I just saw a really nice looking NID 12 ga on gunbroker but the case colors look suspiciously like a torch job to me.

I guess I'm just a tight choke kind of guy. Always have been, always will be. I admit that in the last eight or so years I have even crossed the line of tight choke absurdity. I just love luring a crow into the decoys and whacking him at 20 yards with a turkey choked 12, and then hitting him twice more before it hits the ground. Hence the nickname "Chief Feathercloud", that I got from my buddy Wes. Lol!

Thanks ShooterJohn. I will definintely call the Sheriff's department and look into that. 2 more days till I pick up my shiny new remington. Excited.