rude robert

Jeep wrangle sport

13 posts in this topic

My wife and I just bought a new 2012. It has a v6 in it. I wanted just a basic jeep with a 4 banger and 5 speed manual trans. They are special order the dealer said. I can hardly wait to take it into the desert to hunt with. It actually has a enough room in the back seat. Although, It is hard to get back there. lol. I got the hard top model, so my next days off, i am going to take the top off to see how long it takes.

I have a 2010 Unlimited Rubicon, The hard top takes me about ten minutes to take off.

Congrats,

Jeeps are a great vehicle, and lots of fun.

Tom

thx I want to take the top off and go ride around in the mountains lol.. is there a good way to keep the dirt out of the radio lol

is there a good way to keep the dirt out of the radio

Yeah, put the top back on & keep the windows rolled up.

Lee

Robert, take the radio out, you probably don't have the right music to attract game anyway lol. Ed

Thanks they are small but you sure can not beat them for their turn radious. My atv doesnt turn that sharp. I figured out how to remove the rear seat, so that gives me more room too. I have a picture of it from the cell phone, but top half of jeep didnt make in lol. So I didn't post it

I am actually thinking about putting a locker in it, I thinking perhaps the front end only. I not wanting to do any rock crawling in it. Just thinking in case I in counter deep mud getting back into some deer country.

If you put a locker in the front make sure it is an air locker or electric locker so you don't chirp too much on the street. You can find take offs from a rubicon pretty easy because alot of guys driving rubicons are upgrading their axles to dana 60s so a dana 44 with lockers allready in it may be about the same as a new install on the dana 30 you have now.

Your going to Love it

I have a 2007 Rubicon 4 door

Did you get it with the MyGig I love GPS for retracing your way back in the dark the desert is the pits without it after sunset Love the spot that goes 6 different ways :censored[1]:

No I don't think I was even told about that one. I have a earthmate pn20 and compass lol. i think i need to get a couple extra jerry cans so I dont run out of fuel lol