Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dangerranger

CCI Quiet Ammo

12 posts in this topic

I got to try some today! Awhile back I tried the agilla colibrae and Supper Colibrae without much faith that I could hit anything with it let alone kill anything. The CCI Quiet wasn't like that at all! I shot two 1/2" groups with open sights at 15 and 30yds. Tomorrow its ground squirrels at 30 paces. Oh and the wife was on the porch talking to her sister on the phone, She didn't even know I was shooting from 50yds away. DR

Now that sounds like the stuff I need at my cabin. I hve a safe diretion for shooting,but have some folks that get upset with the death of the poor little animals.

That's my reason exactly. There are a couple that are Bird Biologists that live just over the hill from me. If they hear shots they fake some kind of interest to see what I'm doing . And they always find some way to remind me that Woodpeckers are federally protected. This ammo is quieter than a spring air gun by a long shot!

Now for some reason the squirrels must have gotten word that I have a new secret weapon because Ive not seen one out yet today!

It hits with enough authority to make my swingers flip over. The Agilla stuff just made them move a little. Ill put a couple of rounds in a marlin 60 and see what happens. DR

It wouldn't fully cycle my 10/22 or Nylon 66. But it is really quiet. I slipped in a normal long rifle and my friend thought something happened to his gun. :lol:

I put three in my Model 60, and they wouldn't even move the bolt back a little. It was quieter out of the longer barrel tho. DR

Today I got to shoot some more. They shoot better out of my Stevens favorite. With the longer barrel they are quieter yet! I'm liking these quite a bit! DR

OK guys....I got mine ordered from Midway for my little Remmy 541 bolt action. Just the ticket for around the barn and near livestock...no more imu stampeeds.

As long as your gun will shoot it well it should work. my wife's cats barely even look up. DR

Those would be nice for hunting gray squirrels. Are any stores carrying them yet or is it still a mail order item?

News form SoCal

I sighted in the CCI Quiet ammo at 25 yards...I know...not much of a challenge.

I got groups good enough to clean out a barn full of varmints.

Much less noise...but not like the movies when the secret agents go puttt-poof-putt with secret agent pistols.

For me it has a purpose and now I have dedicated bolt action rifle for this stuff.

This is surely a step up from my springer FWB 22 pellet gun and has a higher rate of fire than the single cocking air rifle.