Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Switch

This is pretty cool...my girls made the cover!

14 posts in this topic

I posted a story a few weeks back about taking my two daughters up to Rock Creek Lake for some trout fishing. We had a great time and we have some awesome photos of the trip. I sent one of the photos in to Western Outdoor News a few weeks back. I received a pretty cool surprise today when I got this weeks copy in the mail. Made my week!

IMG_1206.jpg

How nice to make the cover. Hope it will come as no suprise...without the girls you would be in the edit bin!

A Dad standing alone with a nice string of fish will never make the cover....you knew the right ingredient for a cover story.

Cheers to you. Time to head down to the frame shop I'd say!

That is just great Tim. Congratulations to you, a proud dad, and to the girls. proud fisherwomen.

Ok Tim, so when does Alyssa get her TV show and what time will it be on? ;) That's awesome.

Thanks guys!

Ed, surprisingly I don't submit a lot. Back about 25 years ago, WON used to give away gear for good photos submitted. They'd print up the photos frequently and I never won anything. Believe me, I have enough old clippings of me in that paper for a lifetime.

The girls really enjoy seeing their pics in the paper, so when I have a few good ones, I'll toss them in. I got lucky when I wrote that predator hunting article earlier this year and they printed all the photos. Since Alyssa tags along with me, she's been in there a bunch. To be honest, I'm trying to play catch up with photos of Jessica. Only her second time in and she made the cover.

WON and Big 5 are running an outdoor kids photo contest right now and are given away monthly gift cards and the grand prize winner gets a big old pile of gear. I send photos of the girls in every month. It's all about the kids.

Wow! That is great they had a ton of fun and are now celebrities. I agree soon they will be signing autographs and doing TV.

Very nice and exciting indeed... What an awesome way to help make great, and lasting memories for everyone.

Congratulations :signs1180lq:

Cool Tim. :good: