Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gotsch

My New / First (Aside From Usmc) Ar

9 posts in this topic

Well its been several months of progress but I think she's all done. All I gotta do now is go and break the barrel in and sight in the glass. I went with the heavy barrel (24") to reach out a little further. That in turn forced me to go with a magpul prs stock. Magpul trigger guard (cold weather coyote hunting gloves should fit nice). Weaver tactical scope 50 MOA adjustable. 6 screw rings on a picatunny riser.

And - just thought I'd throw the good old 308 in the pic too. Also 24" barrel with a leupold mark 4 on it.

post-1322-0-63344400-1344814402.jpg

We will be waiting to see it's first song dog.

Well... Took her to the range today for the first time, she shot really good, I'm happy with it. Started at the 50 yard line just to see where i was on the paper (first shot was about 1.5 feet low) turned the turret about the full turns and only about an inch off from there. Ended up putting about 5 boxes of ammo down range, good day. At 100 yards I'm about 2 inches high, good enough.

Went to Bass Pro Shop in Manteca the other day to look into getting a set of shooting sticks (Bi ~ not the mono stick). They're like $80 for a half good set. I don't see why, they're aluminum poles with a split at the top. Not paying that much for them. So then i stopped at lowes on the way home (keep in mind that i only want these for predator hunting ...sitting position... got two wooden dowels drilled some holes about an inch from the top (cut probably 5 inches off both of them) drilled some holes and ran 550 cord through them back to itself with about 4 inches of space between the top of dowels. I'll tell you what, for spending $6 at lowes, I'll give this a shot. bad thing is they are only one stationary heighth.

Cut them for sitting height and then spend another $6 and cut those for prone height, still money ahead.