Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HOG

Registration Question?

7 posts in this topic

I have a friend that wants to give me a Winchester 94 in 30-30. What do I need to do to register this gun in Ca?

No " Registering " of gun . Most say " D.R.O.S. ( Dealer Record of Sale . Notifies Cal DOJ that " HOG " bought " a " longarm / rifle / shotgun ) " it .

Some just pass them along . Bought pre 1988 , " no paper in the first case ". Not that I am encouraging / condoning it .

Kind of why I dislike when an older person wants what I am selling . They never want to D.R.O.S. ***T .

And remember , the Recycler was a paper before it was a website & it had the GREATEST sporting section . Find a gun , meet , go home with gun . YEAH !!! The " olden " days .

Andy

P.S . for got to ask if both of you are in Calif ?

DROS/background check is all - if you are both in Cali find a FFL that will do it for a reasonable fee and not gouge you.

HOWEVER, you want to do the dirty deed before the end of the year because starting in 2013 there IS a long arm registration scam, I mean, scheme.

If the gun was made before Aug 10th of 1962 he can just hand it to you since 50+ year old long guns are not required to be DROS'ed.