Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mtn dog

Killing Houseflies With A Shotgun

29 posts in this topic

More fun, less mess, than a fly swatter. http://www.bugasalt.com/

I told my wife I was ordering one and she told me to order another one for her!

acousticmood likes this

Not available in San Francisco, Oakland, or NYC.

NYC's Nanny law Mayor Bloomberg would ban them for sure since table salt is bad for you. He would mandate they be made to squirt only breastmilk!

I'm in on this little fun trip...crack me up. Next up will be a battery operated gecko to eat the salted flies on the way down... :rofl2:

You can do almost the same thing with an old Crossman 760 air gun. Back in the 1980 my dad and I used to shoot while we were watching TV. The compressed air does a fine job and you don't have salt flying around the room getting in your electronics and other delicate equipment. The compressed air really rips up the flies but you can shoot them out of the air with the 760. 4 feet is about the max range, but it sure it fun. You will want to put a piece of tape on the barrel and tape the bolt shut on your dedicated "fly gun" so you do not have an accident. The compressed air coming out of the 760 is potentially dangerous so watch where you point it. Those were the days :)

Used to love when a fly landed on our screen door. Pops old benji pellet gun (w/o pellet) would vaporize them through the screen. Later I moved up to a half q-tip load and further distances.

We used to drop little tiny rolled up green caterpillars (or worms, not sure) down the empty barrels of our Red Ryders and shoot them up against the garage wall :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Were those "flybys" or was it "bye flys"?? :rofl2:

I've used my Sheridan for the same sorts of flybys. :good:

I might have to buy me an airgun lol.That sounds like almost as much fun as shooting squeeks. I wonder if Remington makes an airgun lol. Ed

I won't even tell you how much fun shooting bumblebees with a 44 magnum loaded with #12 shot is :smiley-outta-here:

Cheaper (and just as fun) to shoot dragonflies with a shotgun though...............So I've heard :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

It's more fun to shoot dragonflies with a pellet rifle. :good:

When they land or in the air??? :pirashoot:

Shot them both ways. But most flying shots have had better luck with open sights. I prefer my Beeman R7 in .177 for aerial plinking.

Bought my bug-a-salt. Arrived today-2 of them. ! will be gift wrapped. Lotta fun but the novelty wears off when the flies are gone.

Just ordered 3 from a guy on another forum sight. One for me, my bro, and pops. The way a lot of our gun orders go too!

Got mine last week, just in time for the cold weather! No targets right now but my buddy who has a horse property loves his, spends his afternoons between reloading and killing flies