Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FUR CHASER

Ruger American Rifle

11 posts in this topic

Looking for feedback on anyone who has this rifle, esp in 30-06. My cousin is doing the 10-day dance for his and was wondering what you "experts" think or have heard about it.

THanks!

If he has already purchased my opinion is he is too late to ask. He already made the decision so what difference does it make now what a bunch of internet jockies think?

Agreed! LOL I was just asking what all my fellow jockies think. If it's good stuff, i'll be nice and tell him...if it's bad, i'll rub it in and tease him. What is family for right? LOL

Ok, here are my thoughs. Ruger makes good products. If he likes the way it looks and feels when he shoulders, then the only issue is how it shoots. That can only be determined after he gets it to the range. I don't care what anyone says, whether it be remington, tika, winchester, etc, etc, there are going to be those rifles that just don't shoot well and others that do. Each rifle must stand on it's own.

Braz, you're always saying the right things. I knew i liked you and you couldn't be more right!

Well he said that he fell in love once he picked it up so i guess there's no denying that. Plus, we're in CA, it's not like he'll be shooting much more than paper with it anyhow! LOL

As Braz sez Ruger makes good products. There are lots of things to hunt in Calif. if one applies himself. California is a great state, just to many liberals moved here lol. I am 5th generation, love the country, it's been good to me. I am sure your cousin will love that rifle. Ed

"reported to be accurate, under 1 moa" DAMNIT! i'm going to have to find something else to pick on him about LOL

Thanks guys!

Ill chime in once I get one. I am on a waiting list for one chambered in .270. If it works out it will take over as my primary hunting rifle.

I've been reading every article on this rifle I can. It seems to be quite a piece of work. let us know how they turn out. I'd like to get my hands on one someday.