Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris209

Salmon fishing

9 posts in this topic

I will be hitting the American River this weekend, but not expecting much... Took a look at the nimbus activity and didnt see anybody catching. They say this is going to be one of the best salmon years in 5 years..... I hope so.. :signs1242cn:

I hope to hit the Sacramento river or the American river this weekend as well. Hopefully I catch something good. This will be my first salmon fishing trip.

We've been having an epic season here in Monterey Bay so when they head up the river I'm sure it will be good.

Does anyone know where I can find information for the salmon when they reach the Sacramento river? Or other rivers nearby.

They aren't really up to Sacramento yet. The early run goes up the Feather River but they aren't catching many either. So give it some time they'll get here by December. ;)

Chris209 likes this

lol SJ nailed it, Just get out there and, fish you will catch them when you catch them. I have buddy's that have caught there limit today on the american but you have to be dedicated for sure, he told me every 120 cast he would get a bite, dam thats a lot of casting.. Oh well i will be out this weekend. :signs1242cn: