Brant

I have a birthday coming soon and am contemplating my next airgun.....

7 posts in this topic

I am thinking a high quality .22 rifle that is very quiet for my classic back yard shooting. I have lived with electronic paintball guns and my Drozd is electronic as well. A Daystate Air Wolf MCT in .22 comes with the first thought. With the eValve it gets about 125 extremely consistent shots out of a 500cc tank. It wins many competitions because of it. I might go Huggett again like i did on the Air Ranger. What do you think? Thoeben? FX? AA?

AirWolfMVT.jpg

I think you'll make a good choice and have a great birthday present too!

The Daystate Air Wolf's are good looking guns.

How about the FX Royale 400. Pretty quiet (around 93db), about 40 to 50 shots per fill and hella accurate. A pricey air rifle, but very nice. :)

Edgun ! lol

I have the Daystate you are thinking of getting. I have had it a little over a year now. It is the smoothest gun In its operation and shooting of all my other guns. (Total of 5) Every other month I charge the battery. If I were to buy the same gun again, I would get the .25 caliber instead of the .22 I now have. My last gun purchase was the .25 Marauder. I just purchesed a Burris 4x18x54 scope and I really like that combo. With the M-rod, I can stack pellets at 35 yards. It is one very accurate gun.

Good luck with what ever you buy.

Murph.

Brant,

The Daystate Air Wolf MCT in .22 caliber seems like a great choice. It sounds to me like you've done your homework already and know what you are looking for. The rifle is quiet too. The only thing I wouldn't be personally thrilled about is having to charge a battery. For me electronics are just one more thing that can malfunction. I'd rather stick with an air rifle that didn't have electronics in it, but like I mentioned, that is just my personal choice.

Let us know what you end up with. :)

Now I am studying a Huntsman XL carbine in .22 on a lark (I really overdo the research and AOA has them on sale). Anyone own one of these? They are about 29 fpe with a 15.75" barrel and very accurate according to every review I could find.

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/Daystate/HuntsmanXL.htm

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog/2012/01/daystate-huntsman-classic-xl-%E2%80%93-part-ii.html

HuntsmanXL.png