HOG

Brass Cleaning FYI

15 posts in this topic

In moving the reloading bench I pulled out my old Chicago rotary tumbler. I read up on SS pins and bought a 2lb bag. I deprimed 40 .204's loaded them in the tumbler about a teaspoon of dish soap and the same of LemiShine and gave then a 2 hr tumble. ( I used about 1 lb of the SS pins)

They came out with a beautiful shine. primer pockets are defiantly cleaner than with corn material. The inside is not soptless but again cleaner than with corn. (figured the small diameter of the neck may have had something to do with it)

The degree of difficulty in the process, about the same.

I'm pleased and will continue with the SS.

(interesting this program changed the capitalization in the title)

Steve, there was a forum setting to stop shouting in forum titles. It must be a new one because I've never noticed it before. I switched it from yes to no and it's fixed FYI.

Thanks John.........one thing I don't do, at least intentionally do is raise my voice..........maybe my letters. :tease:

I WAS BORN & RAISED UNDER LAX FLIGHT PATH ( century blvd & Hawthorne blvd as it turns into La brea ) THATS WHY I AM LOUD .

AND MY PARENTS DRANK & YELLED AT ME ALOT .

Sorry ...

Andy

+1 for the SS media ...not doing any reloading yet but boy do i have shiny brass..

Zippy,

My grandparents lived in Lenox,

I was under the impression that the planes landed in their garage.

Tom

I actually lived at 10217 Burin ave . The 1 finger of Inglewood that went into Lennox .

Knocked up :

That means , to me , that you may have been associated with the : Sheltons , Sam the Icecream man ( his daughter & grandson Jimmy ) Ingersol , the Wisers , us the Williams / Schriners , My Aunt Collete Vickers ( but they never had kids ) , the people that ran Janus commercial fishing supplies on Inglewood ave . The white people were easy to spot when I lived there .

Tawnoper : That was only on the 4th of July , Cinco de miyo & new years eve . Worst year , I found a dozen or so bullets in our roof & a handfull on the cement walkways / driveways .

And soo I am not thread jacking , SS media rules !!! I still use corn .

Andy

on cost: If you buy the 2 lb bag it's not that bad considering it never wears out as long as you don't loose it in draining. I used a colander and only had a few pieces make it to the sink. All recovered.

Grant turned me on to turtle wax spray on my corn media.

They shine like a new dime.

I lived my first ten years at 13810 shoup ave Hawthorne.

138th and shoup one block off of inglewood ave.

Tom

WOW...$250 for a tumbler and SS bars....how much brass is that before I get whole?

I'm a corn cobb/walnut guy on a budget...this is a lot of money! :two-cents: