Wingman115

Crosman 2240 Tactical Chrony Video

3 posts in this topic

This video is part 3 of my chrony testing series of some of my pellet guns. I call this my Crosman 2240 Tactical. The base pellet pistol was purchased from Mac1 with their accuracy prep. I also had a 14 inch barrel installed and a steel breech. The muzzle brake is from TKO and the stock adapter is from Mellon Air. The stock is a Tippman 98 paintball stock. For optics I'm using a BSA Red Dot.

Wingman,

I'm curious about how close your muzzle is to the front of the chrony? I can't really tell from the angle in the video.

The main reason I ask is that I've been told and have experienced it myself with my 2240 carbine, that if I'm closer than around 3 to 5 feet from the end of the muzzle to the first sensor on the chrony that the blast of Co2 messes with the velocity readings. I own an Alpha Chrony, so I don't know if that makes a difference with the sensors (I wouldn't think so) or not. Even when I shoot my PCP's over it I try to be about 2 feet from the sensor, minimum.

Anyway, any information or comments you could add to help debunk or prove this would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

I've gone paintballing and they put the muzzle close to the chrony. So to answer your question I'm not sure. I've shot it close and a few feet away and I had very close or the same readings. On my video I was a bit crowded as I wanted the camera to capture the action and the reading on the chrony. I will try it again soon but I can tell you it's pretty close. I've shot the airgun on other chrony's and the fps was withing 4 or 5 fps. As always thanks for checking out the video and commenting.