Thumper Dunker

Took The New Weapon Out This After Noon.

10 posts in this topic

Had trouble getting it to group.. Got tierd of it and took the bow out. A while later I thought to give it another try . Shot pretty good the more I shot it the better it got.Took it to where the smart ones( lived). They did not know what was going on.Not as much fun as a bow but real close. With a powder burnner you shoot squirrels . With a air gun or bow you have to hunt them.

017-7.jpg

023-7.jpg

018-5.jpg

019-3.jpg

016-6.jpg

Think this aqir rifle just might work out.

I've found shooting my R9 .20 cal resting forearm in my open palm gets best results. Also,don't grip stock to tight with trigger hand...getting use to the 'double recoil' takes some practice.

Good hunting with it..

I guess I am going to have to get a air gun,

You guys are just having to much fun.

Tom

Tim is this a brand new gun or has it been broken in yet? Also what brand and type of pellets are you shooting? Domed pellets are the most accurate and the best for hunting. Then like crazyhorse mentioned springer airguns are all about the hold and grip. It still looks like you did okay with it. They're fun to shoot and for small game you can't beat the thrill of hunting with them.

Shooter its new so its far from broken in yet. I had like a 2-3 inch group at 30 yards at first. Not sure what it is now but I had no trouble hitting the squirrels at the end of the day.They air real goofy guns to get used to. Using beemon pointed hunting pellets. Now I need a 20 cal and a 22 cal.

A springer airgun like that takes about 500 pellets to break in. Those pointed (hunting) pellets aren't worth a darn and are very inaccurate, ask anyone on here that shoots a pellet gun. Get yourself some domed pellets, and you'll see an immediate improvement in the accuracy of the gun.

Definitely.

It will take some pellets to fully break in the barrel and piston. As like ShooterJohn mentioned, pointed pellets are typically very inaccurate and are not worth shooting. Get some domed pellets and your groups should tighten up once you have the rifle broken in. Getting 1" groups or less with that air rifle at 30 yards should be typical once it is broken in all the way. It looks like you started doing very well with it though.

Nice job and have fun! :good:

Think your right on the scope. Looks like he is all set. It really damages them squirrels. Nice shootin'

I've found shooting my R9 .20 cal resting forearm in my open palm gets best results. Also,don't grip stock to tight with trigger hand...getting use to the 'double recoil' takes some practice.

Good hunting with it..

I cannot agree more with Crazyhorse on the grip and pellet grouping. Mine likes the RWS pointed pellets over CPHP pellets.

Plus I would really like to get some JSB domed pellets though and see how it shoots with them.