Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HOG

Reloading Bench Move

11 posts in this topic

I moved my reloading bench from the garage to the front bedroom. My 1st thought was to buy a new 60" wooden bench from Harbor Freight but reconsidered to refinish the old bench ( Harbor freight bench was made in China)

The base of the bench was an old desk. The top is made of 2" flooring plywood with 4x4 redwood legs. 24" x 48" The press is a Hornady 007. I think I bought it about 1978. It still does all I need the press to do. I have over 2000 .204's, hundreds of .223's, hundreds of 7mmTCU , 7mm Rem. mag and countless 9mm. Has anyone ever worn out a press?

My shotgun press was a MEC 5 station progressive. When I was disassembling it the powder hopper was so brittle my thumb went through it. Not sure I will put it back on the bench. It's been since steel shot regs that I've reloaded. The only component I want to add is an ultrasonic case cleaner. I use a vibratory case tumbler. Please comment on the + of the ultrasound cleaning.

PICT0011.jpg

Are you kidding I found things i didn't know I had including a RCBS priming tool I thought I lost????? At least now one set up for small and large primers.

Nice and neat. You need to clutter it up more to look like a real reloading bench! Looks good!

That's why Robin keeps the door to your man room closed.

Tom

I would pass on the ultra-sonic cleaner after the feedback I have seen. I hear they are good for pistols though

Hopefully I'll have a house in the next year. So I'll finally have a reloading bench. Right now its my front room computer desk when the kids are up, and reloading bench when they are sleeping

cleaned and prepped 70 25-06 cases last night. Primer/Powder/Bullets tonight.

My wife and I were talking about what we wanted to do

with one of our spare bedroom last night.

I didn't even think about putting all my reloading up there.

I probally shouldn't mention it to her,

I already have two man rooms, one in the house, and one

in the garage, Three may sound a little greedy.

Tom

docskinner likes this

I would pass on the ultra-sonic cleaner after the feedback I have seen. I hear they are good for pistols though

Did I mention i went with the SS pins. They have done a super job on .204.

Hopefully I'll have a house in the next year. So I'll finally have a reloading bench. Right now its my front room computer desk when the kids are up, and reloading bench when they are sleeping

WHy I made mine:

IMG_2685.jpg

Or open for work:

IMG_2686.jpg

i need to build something like this. Dang I hate living in an apartment, cant do anything I want to do