Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clampdaddy

Newbie Scope Mount Question

12 posts in this topic

Ok guys, I got my kit in the mail today, put it all together, and now I need a sighting system. I have a rear sight picked out that I will buy later on but right now I need advice on a scope mount. My rifle has a fixed front sight so I want to make sure that I get a mount that will look over it and I'm not wanting to spend a ton of cash on high end name brands to do it. Any suggestions?

Look for a solid mount that sits as low as possable. With a flimsey, or see threw mount, your scope will not stay accurate. Tom

post-1554-0-31606000-1338991229.jpg

post-1554-0-36661700-1338991253.jpg

On all of my other rifles I do keep the scopes as low as possible but my AR has the fixed military type F marked front sight so I need the scope to be high enough to see over it. You know what I mean?

I dowbt that the front site will show up in the scope anyway. Try it. Tom

Thanks guys. It's looking like that style mount with quick detatch levers are a bit expensive so I think I'm going to switch up my original idea and buy a good rear sight first and then save up for a scope mount.

I have the Burris tacticals on my R-25 (So .308/7.62 AR), and not a bit of problem. Pretty reasopnably priced.

I ended up getting the Burris P.E.P.R. mount. At first I really wanted a quick release mount but after some thought I figured that it would be really easy to make a little flat wrench and stash it in the grip.

All the reviews I read were for the Regular mount which is the one I bought. They all said that R&R it returned to Zero. That was good enough for me. I only wanted to buy one mount. I already had a Carry Handle,with an old Colt scope, but I wanted to mount something else.

I just brought my second Burris P.E.P.R., I like them, but I also brought a Leupold of same type, it matchs my scope.