Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Braz

My Version Of Vegie Burger.

8 posts in this topic

Night before last we had my version of a vegi burger. And we love them. So easy too. I get some portabella mushrooms that are about 4 to 5 inches across. Grill them on the BBQ or saute them in butter on the stove. Put them on a nice fresh bakery sourdough roll, and then fix them like you like your regular hamburger. I like a tomato slice, onion slice, mayo, catchup. One of these bad boys is all I can eat. While cooking I cooked up three of them. Method to my madness. Yesterday morning, i cut that left over m'room into pieces and mixed it in with scrambled egg with some sauted onion. A breakfast fit for a king.

Sounds good Braz. I can't wait for my first tomatoes so I can have my favorite bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. But I like portabella mushrooms so I'll have to try the veggie burger.

John, that is also one of my all time favoriates. Since I dno't have tomato plants in, I'm waiting for my local roadside vendor who has wonderful tomateoes to start selling them.

Yep nothing like home grown tomatoes for real taste.

Too true. I am pretty much a meatetarian, and avoid veggies like the plague, bit I do have to admit to enjoying them when they are from home. I could not believe how sweet the little cherry tomatoes are straight out of the garden :drool: . It was like a healthy candy, not fair :rofl2: . But my absolute favorite has to be wild asparagus from the roads in CO as a kid. It don't get much better than that, but Braz's burger sounds pretty dang close :drool:

Oh yes! Home grown or fresh tomatoes taste AWESOME! I used to love to just slice the fresh tomatoes from out garden and make a sandwich with just bread, mayonaise, salt, pepper and tomato. People thought it was strange, but those tomato sandwiches tasted awesome! I love the BLT's too with home grown of market fresh tomatoes. Man, now I'm hungry again! :lol:

My GF worked on " Babys Badass Burgers " , the Pink foodtruck for awhile . they had a Veggie Burger . it sounded ok but I had her put a pattie of Beef in it& it made it sooooo much better .

Andy

Had another for diner last night and is on the menu for tonight too. It really tastes like a hamburger. You gotta try it.