Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumper Dunker

Whoooops Ahaaaaa

8 posts in this topic

Was out chasing jacks was putting an arrow on the string Broad head. Some how cut the string with the blade. Did not snap but slowly started to un wind . Was able to un bow the bow before it popped.Scary moment ,I have seen a bow string break have scars from the explosion. Always pay atintion and be carfull. We are playing with things that hill. Guns or bows.

I never did that one but did stick a friend of mine in the back with a broad head once when stepped in front of me while I was nocking an arrow. It left a pretty fair scar as he move sideways across the blade.

Scary for sure TD, doesn't take much with a sharp broadhead...I've got a few scars on fingers because of 'em... <_<

I would hate to cut my string,it cost me $115 and took three weeks to make, and install.Tom

You really think the wood fibers will explode.
Absolutely possible. That is a L O T of pressure that has no string to stop it now, so it will "hyper-extend" itself forward if you will. Bad, bad business. That must have been quite a sight seeing poor TD scramble to unstring it before it let loose. Sure glad it didn't come to that.

Us old fat guys can move when we have to.Found My best bow at the time in splinters in my garage ,String broke ,left it there over night . A year or two before that had one break ,got a cut just under my eye and just over my eye and a four inch slice on my arm ,still have the scar from that.