crazyhorse

Small Ground Squirrels...

6 posts in this topic

The litters are now venturing out of the burrows and hitting these small targets is a challenge as they figet/move around quite a bit.Pics of two out of five nailed yesterday...my sticks are Stoney point with tripod adapter...comes in handy in the tall grass..The BSA 4-14x44 tactical Mil-Mil scope is working out better than expected...neat is parallax setting 10 yards to infinity. This scope is also a FFP (First Focal Plane) so you can use any magnification in the field for holdovers. Youngsquirrels003.jpgYoungsquirrels001.jpg

Nice work hitting those small targets! With the .25 M-Rod I bet they never knew what hit them. :)

Nice shooting. :) Our new tree squirrel babies are all over but we have another 2 weeks for the season to open. It was so warm here last winter that the adults didnt have their normal winter kill off so the season should be grand.

That's why I like hunting/shooting @ 20x on my scopes, makes head shots on these little buggers a lot easier lol.Nice shooting by the way, can't wait to go back and get some myself,Henry

14x is working out ok....I once tried a 40x scope and did ok with it although I almost needed a separate 'spotting' scope' to find the squeeks..lol

Nice shooting. Those things look about the size of a chipmunk.