Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jawbreaker

A Retirement Call And One For Alyssa

8 posts in this topic

A buddy of mine is retiring ffrom the Navy so I made him a call and lanyard, he is into skulls so I carved a skull into the ferrul of the lanyard. This is the first time carving a call so I wasn't too sure how it would turn out.079.jpg078.jpg And a while ago I was trying a new material to cast call barrels and the dye was suposed to be red and turned out pink so I figured that it would be perfect for a girl and knew the perfect girl for the call. This one has a 3/4" tone board which is a new one for me also, I usually use a 5/8" tone board.080.jpg Let me know what you all think. Ron

I think you nailed both of hem Ron, Nice going.

Nothing wrong with that carving at all :roflmao3[1]: . I can't even draw (or carve) a good stick figure.Suuuurrrre, blame the pink color on the dye :smiley-sorry: .Have you tried that call yet to see if you can hear a difference in sound between that wider one and your usual ones? Wonder how much difference 1/8" makes?

Nice work as usual Ron.Is the pink one for Switch's daughter?If you have more pink material, I'll take a closed reed for my daughter.

Only a little bit of difference in sound between the diameter of the tone boards, most of the sound change has to do with the length of the board and width of the reed. Dave I don't have any more pink material but I will cast more and send one off to you, it may take a week or two cause I'm getting busy again with another flip house.

My wife saw the pink call and said that she would like one, so if you can provide, I can pay. Anything for the Boss.

Is that pink call for calling in female coyotes? :rofl2:

It can also be used up in the SF Bay area on some of their male coyotes too :rofl2: