KNOCKED UP

In For Overhaul

15 posts in this topic

Yesterday I took two guns to the gunsmith, I have a browning automatic 22 that needs the barrel lock repaired, and a colt New Frontier that is being restored. This guy has done some impressive work, so I am very excited to get this work done. I have put it off for a long time, but now I am excited to get it back.Tom

I got my Colt new frontier back from the gunsmith yesterday.

He did a complete restoration, and it looks super.

Tom

post-1554-0-94054300-1337367450.jpg

It looks good. Did you have him re-blue the gun? It looks brand new in the picture.

It does look very good, but how does it shoot???

Bob,

She has always been a good shooter,

The triger is perfect.

and yes,

it has been reblued.

Tom

New Frontier is one of my favorites. I have two, One is still like new in its original box! The other has been well enjoyed! The new one I held as collateral from a guy I worked with 30 years ago. I loaned him $100 and he said Ill see you next Fri. I have not seen him since! He went back to OK to bring his wife out, and never came back. the well enjoyed one I got from my grandfather. It was his snake gun. DR

By the way, what caliber is that beauty Tom?

Bob,

She is a 357 mag.

Tom

OK, now I'm really jealous!

What Caliber are yours Bob?

Tom

What about the browning??? i have one and i think i need the same thing done..

SS it is a tricky little job to get all the springs, and pins in the right place at the same time.

it was money well spent to have a gun smith do the work.

Tom

The twins are a 27-2 .357 (1956) and a 29-2 .44 (unknown year). The 686+ .357 was the first year production for the 7 round pistol, !99?. The 410 .40S&W is also 199? and has been toted with me probably a million miles. The bluing was worn so bad that it started to look like stainless

:rolleyes: , so I painted it, but it has never failed to fire on me except when I was first learning about reloading rounds headspaced off the rim. I've also got a Ruger MKIII 4-1/2" bull barrel .22, tried a red dot, found it too restricting. But the one I really miss is the old 3 screw Single Six I gave to my best friend/hunting partner the day he passed the BAR exam :014: . He's so lucky I like him, a lot. Next on the list real soon here is a Bisley in .357 probably, I absolutely love that caliber. It was the nickname given to me over 25 years ago, I guess I better own at least one, right? :rofl2: .

HPIM0741.jpg

HPIM0310-1.jpg

HPIM0864.jpg

HPIM0293.jpg

I must say also Tom, all mine are pure field guns and show it (wear). I am very jealous of your that supermodel you now have. She really is a beauty. They did a nice job restoring her.