novaman64

S&W - M&P Shield

5 posts in this topic

Anybody handled the new Smith and Wesson M&P Shield? I heard they have them at Sac Black Rifle. Looking for a CCW gun, and was looking at something small, like a Bodyguard 380, then this came out...I already have their standard M&P so familiar with where all the controls are, field stripping, and how the general M&P line feels. Other thing that made it attractive, is that is available in 40, which would make it a nice light sidearm for hunting too.....

I dont know much about the Shield but I know a few guys really disappointed in the Bodyguard. It seems like they have had persistent problems that are not being addressed by S&W. One guy has had his back to S&W three times. I dont know all of the issues but I have seen this discussed on other forums.

Do you know if that's the Bodyguard 38 (revolver) or 380 (semi)? The 380 isnt Cali approved, so to get one you would need to do a person to person sales/transfer. I have a few friends in law enforcement and all of them are raving about how great the 380 is...

the shield feels great and shoots great and you can get the 380 LCP without doing a person to person just do a single shot excemption.