Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Desert Fox

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle

6 posts in this topic

Nightforce design 8 variations of this reticle to cover most centerfire cartridge. I ordered and just received the 5.5X22X56 with HVM reticle that matched the ballistic of the 300 grain SMK from my 338 Lapua Ackley. Nightforce have long range hunter in mind when they designed this reticle in their NXS line of riflescope. I'm not a believer of do it all reticle or BDC for that matter. But judging from the success of the Zeiss Z reticle in their Conquest and Diavari line of riflescope, I'm compel to give this system a try. I'll report my findings here. Stay tuned.http://www.sportoptics.com/SpecSheets/Velocity1000FinalJune16_11.pdf

That's too expensive of a purchase for a try Crazy! 😄 if you don't like it I'll give you $50 for it!! Jk buddy. Hope it's all you want

Wow! this was a year ago and forgot to follow through with my review of the scope. I haven't really tried the scope to see how accurate the reticle is. I did use it once at a 1000 yards competition and the scope performed really will. I did use the dial however instead of the reticle.

I'll always dial! Not a fan of holding unless the wind is jumping around a lot then I'll dial for range and hold wind

Same here. Almost all my hunting riflescope has target turret on them.