Loopdog

Corn Bread in a dutch oven

19 posts in this topic

Howdyi thought i would share this pic of the corn bread we made for the branding we had last wknd. Im kind of proud of it..Nice touch.post-7161-0-57016400-1335300756_thumb.jp

We put the brand on it with sugar and a torch. Same brand that is on the cattle

It does look good. How about sharing the receipe.

Old family secret recipe.4 packages of Corn muffin mix follow the box recipe trade some of the liquid for 2 cans of cream corn

That's a cool iron does it lay sideways like a Jesus fish or hang like a the breast cancer ribbon previously mentioned

And the irish. Outfit I work for brand on the right and they are irish. In fact my dad and I also branded on the right (when I had my own cows, lol divorce took care of that), but then again I m mostly irish. I do know bunch of portagees though lol.Corn bread looks damn good, I got several dutch ovens, think I will try your family recipe, thanks EdMy cows wore a 45 on their right hip,Ed

Darn Recon,

You look like Chef Boy Ardee.

Maybe I should take my Dutch oven camping at Lake Alpine next week.

Tom

My brother and his wife have a lot of fun participating in Dutch Oven cooking competitions. How can you lose such a contest when you get to eat what you cook?

As far as what that 'ribbon' means, there doesn't appear to be a brown & white awareness ribbon.

I found a list of them and there are probably more. http://www.theunionshop.org/awareness_ribbon_meanings.php

Besides the breast cancer awareness ribbon or the supporting the military ribbon there are even ribbons symbolizing "No Unattended Kids in Cars" and one for "Feral Cat Awareness"! :signs684mh:

I propose the brown and white ribbon should be for awareness that coffee with cream tastes real good alongside a piece of warm cornbread!

With some of those you gotta be real careful. LIke black is anti gang. I can sure agree with that. But it is also anti gun at the same time. Needless to say I don't want to support that idea.