Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hotchkiss

COLT ‘M-4 CARBINE’ 22LR RIMFIRE CARTRIDGE SEMI-AUTO RIFLE

6 posts in this topic

Saw this onsale at Big 5 and are very interested. Is this also a good rifle for Coyote/Varmint hunting? Or the 16" barrel are too short? Never have a .22LR before and wanna to get one to starting my varmint hunting. Also I am staring learning to compare different type of .22LR ammo. What is different between HP and V-max? Any good lead free .22LR bullets you can suggest that will be great help. ThanksKen

You could kill coyotes with it but it's not ideal it is very short ranged. For the cost of that you could get a lower end centerfire rifle that will shoot better and have better range. You could get a mossberg or a Remington 770 or even a howa ranch rifle which is what I would get if it was me. Plus a .22 like that needs the higher end ammo.

Thanks for the info Tuolumne85. I have never own a .22 rifle before( excpet the air rifle I just got). Didn't go out shooting since 2002 until last year to start hunting with shotguns with friends, Just like the AR style black gun so I was thinking to get either 20" barrel or 16" barrel. I will do more research and find out which one I should get. Thanks again for replyKen

You could get a different lower for your other ar with a bullet button and use your other upper on that lower and then it would be legal. That .22 m4 would be fun for shooting just not a calling rifle.

i have the one from big 5. got it when it was on sale. once u have it zero its very accurate..i use it for plinking.but i shot rabbits with it..even at a pretty long range its still accurate..i have a variable zoom scope on mine cuz those rabbits run away soon as they see u n can be hard to spot since they blend well with the dirt n bushes.. also doesnt help that i just drive around in da jeep till i see em..

If you like teh AR style, just get the regular .223/5.56 version of the rifle for coyote and bigger varmints.

You can pick up a basic DPMS or the S&W Sporter version for $700 or less, and be set with a good centerfire rifle.